[FOSS at MAGIC 8] 2016 Software Freedom Day Invite

Daniel Schneiderman dan at magic.rit.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:19:39 EDT 2016

Greetings Hackathon Fans,

Our first event for the 2016-17 academic year will be our Seventh Annual Software Freedom Day Celebration on Saturday September 17th, from 9am though 5pm, in the RIT MAGIC Center.

There will be food/caffeine, free stickers/swag (first-come-first-served), and an open hackathon (social coding event).

The event is sponsored by the wonderful folks at Red Hat and FOSS at MAGIC.

RSVP to our Eventbrite link so we know how much food to buy:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/7th-annual-software-freedom-day-rochester-2016-tickets-27201333922

You can find us on open street maps here: http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.083325&lon=-77.67919&zoom=17&layers=M&mlat=43.08323&mlon=-77.67992

and on Google Maps here: http://goo.gl/maps/tmwD7

The SFD site link is here: http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/2016/USA/NY/Rochester/RIT

Be sure to Save the Date for our Election Night Hackathon on November 8th! We’re expecting a huge turnout. Details to be sent out closer to the event.

Thanks everyone!
Dan
--
Dan Schneiderman
FOSS at MAGIC Research Associate and Community Liaison
dan at magic.rit.edu
magic.rit.edu <http://magic.rit.edu/>  I  www.rit.edu<http://www.rit.edu/>