[FOSS at MAGIC 12] Election Night Hackathon & Upcoming FOSS Talk

Daniel Schneiderman dan at magic.rit.edu
Wed Nov 9 14:00:09 EST 2016

Hi All,

I would like to thank everyone who attended the 6th Annual Election Night Hackathon last night! We had an incredible turnout. It was amazing to see the RIT and Rochester community come and work together for civic causes.

If you would like to keep updated with the FOSS at MAGIC community, we invite you to join us every Wednesday afternoon from 4-6, in Room 2500 in Building 70 (GCCIS), for our open hours. Open Hours are meant as a way for people to hack on projects together, socialize, and talk about the open source movement.

Additionally, we would like to invite everyone to our next monthly FOSS Talk on Wednesday, November 16th, 2016 from 4:30pm - 6:00pm in the MAGIC Center. This month's talk will be given by Ryan Mason on the Center for Open Science. Ryan will be talking to us about the Centers work in general and his experience building a web-based discovery tool and database for them.

Registration for the event is free but registering lets us know how much pizza to order.

Register at: http://bit.ly/FOSSTalksCOS.

If you have any questions about the FOSS at MAGIC Initiative, feel free to reach out to us or visit foss.rit.edu.

Hope to see everyone at next year's Election Night Hackathon!

Thanks!
Dan
--
Dan Schneiderman
FOSS at MAGIC Research Associate and Community Liaison
dan at magic.rit.edu
magic.rit.edu <http://magic.rit.edu/>  I  www.rit.edu<http://www.rit.edu/>