[FOSS at MAGIC 9] FOSSTalks: Coding Open Source for Facebook - 10/19

Daniel Schneiderman dan at magic.rit.edu
Mon Oct 10 14:06:47 EDT 2016

Hey all,

Join RIT’s FOSS at MAGIC program for our second FOSS Talk of the semester as we’re visited by Chris Mason.

Chris is an RIT and CSH Alum who’s currently a software engineer on Facebook's kernel team and the chair of the Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board. Prior to joining Facebook, Chris has worked as a kernel developer at SUSE, Oracle, and Fusion-io. He lives with his family in Rochester, NY.

Registration for the event is free but registering lets us know how much food to order.

Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fosstalks-coding-open-source-for-facebook-tickets-28506675233

Who: Open to the public (not just RIT Students) just be sure to RSVP.
When: Wednesday, October 19th. 4:30pm-6pm.
Where: RIT Center for Media, Arts, Games, Interaction, and Creativity (MAGIC). Building 87, Room 1600. Parking is available in "S" Lot, near crossroads dining hall.

Be sure to save the date for our annual Election Night Hackathon on November 8th, from 5pm-12am. Details to be announced soon!

Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Schneiderman
FOSS at MAGIC Research Associate and Community Liaison
dan at magic.rit.edu
magic.rit.edu <http://magic.rit.edu/>  I  www.rit.edu<http://www.rit.edu/>