[FOSS at MAGIC 13] FOSSTalks: Bringing FOSS to Comcast - 3/22 (This Wednesday)

Daniel Schneiderman dan at magic.rit.edu
Mon Mar 20 13:19:40 EDT 2017

Hey all,

Join RIT’s FOSS at MAGIC program for our March FOSS Talk as we’re visited by Nithya Ruff.

Nithya Ruff has been a mover and shaker in FOSS for most of her career and is currently pioneering Open Source Practice at Comcast. This will be her second effort at leading the move toward Open in a major corporation, having completed a similar effort at SanDisk before moving to Comcast. She’s been an active board member of the Linux foundation for four years and a long-time champion of diversity in tech, most recently having become the Chairperson Diversity and Inclusion for CodeChix.

We’re looking forward to hearing how she’s helping to bring FOSS to Comcast.

Registration for the event is free but registering lets us know how much food to order.

Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fosstalks-bringing-foss-to-comcast-tickets-32264748732
 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fosstalks-bringing-foss-to-comcast-tickets-32264748732>
Who: Open to the public (not just RIT Students) just be sure to RSVP.
When: Wednesday, March 22nd. 4:30pm-6pm.
Where: RIT Center for Media, Arts, Games, Interaction, and Creativity (MAGIC). Building 87, Room 1600. Parking is available in "S" Lot, near crossroads dining hall.

Be sure to save the date for our next hackathon, NASA Space Apps, on April 29th & 30th. Details to be announced soon!

Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Schneiderman
FOSS at MAGIC Research Associate and Community Liaison